By AnThony Legins
Everyone gets angry. It's an unavoidable aspect of life. You can, however, teach yourself efficient methods for managing your anger and releasing it in a healthy way.
When you allow your anger to simmer inside of you, it may manifest in undesirable ways. You certainly don't want an outburst of rage that leaves you feeling absolutely powerless. This might have major ramifications for you and others.
In one study, Harvard University scientists found that in healthy people, simply recalling an angry experience from their past caused a six-hour dip in levels of the antibody immunoglobulin A, the cells’ first line of defense against infection. Holding on to anger can literally make you sick.
There are simple and safe techniques you can employ to moderate your anger.
Try some of the following anger management tips:
1. Take deep breaths. Instead of reacting immediately to the first sign of anger, take a step back. Allow yourself a few moments to take a few deep breaths. This action will provide additional oxygen to the brain, which is desperately needed. You'll be able to think with extra clarity and you'll have more time to sort out your thoughts.
2. Pray and meditate. Use prayer and meditation to help you. Choose the one that most strongly resonates with you. Both activities will help you focus and clear your mind. You'll be able to think deeply about your emotions and potentially even let go of the anger you've been holding inside.
3. Use positive affirmations. Affirmations have the power to battle negative emotions such as anger. They're short positive statements written in the present tense that can help you stay calm and collected when it matters. Tell yourself you're calm and understanding if you're upset. This will assist you in refocusing your thoughts on the good.
Exercise is a great way to help release anger and tension in a positive way
4. Exercise. Exercise keeps you fit and thinking on your toes. It's a great way to relieve tension and release endorphins, making you feel better. After a good run around town, you're likely to feel less angry.
5. Write in a journal. Try journaling if you're seeking for a way to express your feelings and thoughts. It's a good way to feel like you're conversing with someone while still keeping your secrets hidden. This method of sorting out your inner feelings can be really liberating.
6. Start a new hobby. Hobbies might help you deal with anger because they are enjoyable pursuits. You should be able to relax because you'll be having a good time!
Hobbies can be a good temporary escape to cool yourself down from anger, but it's important to return to the situation once you've found a cool head. You don't want to continue to ignore your issues for too long.
7. Just let go. Find a way to let go of your angry feelings in any way you can. Consider why you're still hanging on. You'll eventually need to learn how to let go of your feelings because they're only hurting you and preventing you from living your life to the fullest.
Remember that if everything else fails, you can seek help for your anger issues. You don't have to feel alone in your feelings of rage. You can seek help from relatives and friends. They'll be there to help you when you need it. You can also seek the advice of an anger management counselor or coach if you honestly believe you have a problem that you can't seem to solve.
You'll soon notice that you can approach life cool, calm, and collected if you practice these strategies every day.
Guest blogger AnThony Legins is host of 'How To Buy The Hood' and 'The Armond & AnThony Show' now streaming on 4BiddenKnowledge TV. He also enjoys writing on topics relating to mindset, money, real estate, finance and motivation. Read more articles and posts by AnThony at: www.howtobuythehood.com and follow on IG @anthony_legins
LOOKING TO INVEST IN 4BIDDENKNOWLEDGE? CLICK HERE TO MAKE A CONTRIBUTION AND GET INVOLVED WITH 4BIDDENKNOWLEDGE TV AND BECOME PART OF THE MOVEMENT!
CLICK THE LINK TO INVEST:
Have you purchased your copy of Billy's latest book "Woke Doesn't Mean Broke?" yet? because this book is being hailed as a 'financial bible' with practical and esoteric wisdom combined to provide you with a tremendous source of ideas and useful knowledge that can immediately benefit and impact your financial future.