Updated: Oct 23
"Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen."--
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Vision board design - Image by Sh1ra from Pixabay
Many people have heard of a vision board, but they are unsure what it is or what it can accomplish for them. A vision board is a visual aid and reminder tool made up of images, affirmations, and phrases that can be used to inspire, motivate, and promote action.
Many people find vision boards to be an effective tool in their pursuit of achievement and realization of their goals.
If you want proof, celebrities like Steve Harvey, Oprah and even Drake have all spoken about how vision boards have helped them succeed in their careers.
A vision board provides important benefits, such as:
1. Motivation. A vision board is a simple, quick, and powerful technique to increase motivation. A simple peek at a vision board can instantly reinvigorate positive thoughts and motivation.
Take care in creating your vision board. The right vision board for you is one that generates positive feelings in you.
2. Focus. A vision board serves as a visual reminder of what you want to achieve. Many people lose sight of their objectives before making any real progress. Vision boards serve as a constant reminder of your most important objectives.
Use these methods to create an effective and exciting vision board:
1. Set your goals. A vision board necessitates a clear goal. It's impossible to create an effective vision board if you don't know what you want to achieve. Be crystal clear on what you want to accomplish. This is the first step.
2. View the vision boards of others. You'll undoubtedly be inspired by looking at other people's vision boards because there are so many distinct style designs and concepts. There are a plethora of images on the internet that can help you get creative.
3. Decide on a format. You could dedicate an entire wall to your vision. Or make a traditional poster. Perhaps a bulletin board is more your style.
There are even websites that provide vision board tools. With this option, you’ll be able to view your vision board from anywhere in the world.
4. Find pictures that represent your goals. Because a vision board is visual, you'll need images, drawings, or paintings that illustrate your objectives. If you have a printer capable of printing, the internet is the simplest option. Otherwise, you’ll have to go old school and cut up magazines or use photos.
Pictures that don’t elicit an emotional response will have a limited impact. Choose wisely.
5. Choose words, quotes, or affirmations. Including text in your vision board can be beneficial. Strong emotions can be evoked by certain words and quotes.
6. Organize everything. Do you prefer everything to be nice and orderly? Do you favor a collage's appearance? It's entirely up to you. Make a few different versions of your vision board and choose the one that seems the most natural to you.
Source: Altered Mindwaves - A different example of a vision board
How to use a vision board effectively:
1. Look at your vision board at least twice each day. It's fine if you only have a few minutes. Clear your mind and concentrate on the images and words you've selected to reflect your goals.
2. Visualize achieving those things. Consider how amazing it will be to have those objects, experiences, and accomplishments in your life.
3. Add items that appeal to you. As time goes on, you'll come up with fresh ideas and come across new pictures and text to add to your vision board. Do it! This is a process and not a one-time event.
4. Make a list of the most effective action steps you've discovered. A vision board can be inspiring, but it's not enough to help you change your life. What matters in the end is the actions you take. Identify and take the steps necessary to make your vision board a reality.
A vision board can be an effective way to make positive changes in your life. A vision board can be very motivational and can help you focus on what you desire. This powerful tool can be used by everyone to achieve more success in life.
If you are still having challenges with manifesting the things that you desire in your life, I highly recommend that you check out this latest episode of 'Bio Hack Your Best Life':
Guest blogger AnThony Legins is host of 'How To Buy The Hood' and 'The Armond & AnThony Show' now streaming on 4BiddenKnowledge TV. He also enjoys writing on topics relating to mindset, money, real estate, finance and motivation. Read more articles and posts by AnThony at: www.howtobuythehood.com and follow on IG @anthony_legins
Have you purchased your copy of Billy's latest book "Woke Doesn't Mean Broke?" yet? because this book is being hailed as a 'financial bible' with practical and esoteric wisdom combined to provide you with a tremendous source of ideas and useful knowledge that can immediately benefit and impact your financial future.