“Haters are the people who will broadcast your failures and whisper your success.” – Will Smith
The world is full of haters. There’s always someone trying to bring you down. Many of them are trying to be helpful, but it doesn’t feel that way. If you allow haters to discourage you, your life will be much less than you deserve. Learn how to deal with these negative people once and for all.
Follow these strategies to overcome the haters in your life:
1. Keep your aspirations to yourself. It’s commonly suggested that you make your goals public. The fear of embarrassing yourself is supposed to be motivating. But several studies have shown that announcing your goals isn’t always a good strategy.
· The bigger your goals, the more likely you are to receive negative comments. If you’re sensitive to the criticism of others, this type of feedback can derail your efforts.
· Of course, you can inform everyone when you’ve accomplished your goal!
2. Remind yourself of your positive qualities. If you’re starting to doubt yourself, remind yourself of your best qualities. Make a long list and focus on it until you’re feeling capable again. If you need help, get help from a supportive friend.
3. Avoid taking it personally. When others are unnecessarily negative, it reveals more about them than it does about you. No one knows enough about your personal business to have an accurate opinion anyway.
"Haters are confused admirers who can’t understand why everybody else likes you." – Paulo Coelho
4. Keep your vision in mind. It’s easy to become discouraged when you’re on the receiving end of discouraging comments. Go back to the big picture and remind yourself of your goals. See in your mind how great the results will be. Imagine how satisfying it will be when you’re proven correct. Nothing is quite as sweet.
5. Consider the source of the feedback. Are you trying to launch your own company? Criticism from someone that’s always had a corporate job isn’t valid. Unless the other person has accomplished your goal, consider their advice worthless. You wouldn’t take stock tips from a man living on a park bench. Most of the advice we receive is similar in value.
· However, a mentor can be a valuable addition to your life. The right mentor will have accomplished your goal. Perhaps they even started from a similar point as you. Ideally, they’ll also be supportive and encouraging.
6. Make a list of your greatest achievements. Write down every experience you’ve had that makes you feel successful. You’ve already done some amazing things. The haters in your life don’t know about most of those things. That’s just another reason why their opinions are irrelevant.
7. Learn to ignore the noise. Have faith in yourself and avoid allowing others to control your thoughts or emotions.
8. Smile. When you show others that you won’t be affected by their unkind words, they’ll eventually stop. Smiling will also improve your mood and lower your blood pressure. Smiling is also free.
9. Rely on supportive people. We all have that friend that seems to think we can do anything. Instead of dealing with the haters, surround yourself with people that support your efforts and believe in you. The difference is staggering.
The haters will always be there. Every great achievement was preceded by numerous haters giving their two cents. You can’t allow others to derail your plans. Be confident that you can accomplish anything. Project your success into the future and remind yourself of your past successes.
Make sure you set your reminder for this upcoming episode of 'Bio-Hack Your Best Life' with Brisa Alfaro:
AnThony Legins enjoys writing on topics relating to money, real estate, finance, mindset and motivation. Read more articles and posts by AnThony at: www.themillionairemindset.net
Have you purchased your copy of Billy's latest book "Woke Doesn't Mean Broke?" yet? because this book is being hailed as a 'financial bible' with practical and esoteric wisdom combined to provide you with a tremendous source of ideas and useful knowledge that can immediately benefit and impact your financial future.